How to create a FAQ on the JediDesk service
🤔 What is knowledge base (FAQ)?
Knowledge base are templates that your bot and widget will automatically send by keyword when a user types a typical question.
The user either writes a question to the bot and receives a corresponding answer, or chooses the desired topic and question from the catalog.
1. Creation of categories
In the “Automation” tab, point “FAQ” – “Categories” click + Add category:
Fill in the required fields:
- Category name
- Parent category (for subcategories)
- Sort – the order in which the category will be displayed in the general list
- Status – Active/Inactive – displaying the category in the bot
On the left is a clickable panel displaying the category structure.
Clicking on each category will expand its editing:
2. Creating messages (questions and answers)
In the “Automation” tab, point “Knowledge base” – “Questions/Answers” and click + Add a question:
Fill in the following fields:
- Indicate the category to which the message belongs
- Write the title of the question
- Describe the answer, also you can add an image
- Add a list of keywords, separated by commas, by which the user will receive an answer to his question
- Sorting – the order in which the question will be displayed in the general list
- Status – Active/Inactive – displaying the question in the bot
3. Activation of the knowledge base and keywords
To activate the functionality of the knowledge base, in the “Settings” tab, open “Profile” and activate the following items:
- Displaying the knowledge base in bots
- Displaying the knowledge base keywords search in bots
Click Save changes: